Thursday, April 14, 2011

E-mail from Char

This is Chars Dad and she asked me to post this e-mail for all of you to read.

Hello all,

I'm sorry I haven't had the chance to comunicate more often. I've been
busy with great activities! I just got back yesterday from an
overnight trip out in the bush (not TOO far outside of N'Djamena) for
a medical clinic in a small village with Dr. Roy Jones and his wife
Jane. What an amazing experience! Very eye opening.

Before that trip, I was living with Pastor Lago and his wife Micheline
for a week, along with their sons and other family staying with them.
I did a lot of journaling so I will have mtuch to share later about
African culture and family.

I appreciate all of your prayers and have been blessed with minimal
headaches. Also, the swelling in my feet has finally gone down! They
are still slightly sore but they aren't as fat as they have been for
the past 12 days. Praise the Lord. Dr Roy gave me some support
stockings and it has really seemed to help.

Please let others know I am well and that I appreciate their prayers!
The electricity here is sparce so I must go before the generator is
turned off!

God Bless,
Charlene